
It has been a long month (for the kids anyways), and an even longer Christmas Eve. R has been dying of anticipation every since his Advent Calendar started on December 1st. He began wanting to open more than one box per day. By day four he was in tears and asked me to put it away, "I can't stand it," he tells me. Therefore I put it away in another room, out of sight, where I set a box each day at his placemat when he came downstairs each morning. This plan worked much better for him and we have made it through his entire calendar with less grief and emotional turmoil. J is much more practical about the whole thing. However I hear in her voice, and in questions of me like, "Do you believe in Santa?," that her maturity may be taking away her ability to BELIEVE. I've encouraged her to believe what she wants, and told her that Santa is Christmas magic. I hope the innocence of my kids' childhood lasts a little longer. It's hard to let go. Reality comes far too quickly.
Don't stop believin', hold on to that feeeelin'!
ReplyDeleteI don't think the magic ever goes away, truly. Even when as a parent you're overwhelmed with the reality of it, some part of you still wants and needs to believe.
Another gorgeous shot of J&R... They are so comfortable with their Mom taking their photograph that you capture the most expressive and authentic images of them. Love it!
ReplyDeletelove the photos so much! I was so happy to get home and check my blogs and see new posts! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete