Friday, June 4, 2010

Flashback Friday


On the occasion of my birthday weekend, I'm flashing back to 1970.  Forty years ago, on June 6th, I received a very special present...a baby sister.  She was barely a week old in this picture.  She was born on my birthday in Lemoore, California.  We lived in military housing on the Navy base.  I have a vague memory of being taken by my dad to the hospital to see my mom and sister.  I remember peering through the outside window...maybe we weren't allowed in together.  Not sure what we did to celebrate other than that.  I'll have to investigate that a little further.
Happy Birthday, Kristen!  Thanks for the memories!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness how precious is that! I didn't know you girls shared the same b-day! How cool. Happy birthday to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Big K! Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete