Since I've heard countless times that something like 80-90% of resolutions are not kept, I'm not making any. However, I do want to set some goals for the year. If nothing else, by writing them down, won't I feel more accountable?? I'm starting small. Very, very small, so that I can actually feel like I've accomplished something, when I do meet these goals. They are:
-Make a digital scrapbook (being traditional is just not cutting it with my way of life these days, digital seems more do-able.)
-Go to the gym twice a week (twice a week seems lame, but if I actually get there two days a week, I'll be golden)
-Use my new Wii Fit twice a week. I'm very curious to see how it helps my balance, among other things.
I'm going to stop there. Again, if I meet these goals, I'll move on.
Other things I want/need to do: take a class for my teacher recertification, work a paying job to help contribute to some sort of household funds, clean and organize (don't know where to start!!).
Get back on the "Fly Lady" wagon.
In other news,
I was glad school started again. Or, so I thought. The first two days were tears, "I hate school, I hate homework, school is stupid," kind of comments. My daughter is way too young to be giving the drama about such things. However, she's acted this way since she was about 3. Can't wait for the teen years. NOT!!
Okay, so keep me posted on your thoughts with the Wii Fit...I am always talking myself in and out of purchasing it.
ReplyDeleteI have the same digital goal!
I want a paying job too!
I am back on the FlyLady wagon too! In fact I cut and paste the chore of the day for Holly & 2 other friends....want me to include you? Knowing someone else is doing it seems to help!
I have also heard that statistic about the failure rate for keeping New Year's resolutions. One reason is because people set goals that are too high to reach and don't want to work each day to obtain them. I think your goals sound obtainable. Keeping a journal or chart that I write in every night, however briefly, to keep my mind on the goal seems to help me, too. Good luck!
ReplyDelete