
We got hit again with snow...four inches this time. The temperature was in the teens today so going out to play in the snow seemed like a slightly miserable experience. It would take longer to put on all the snow gear, than the time we would be spending outside. I'm not at the comfort level yet where I can bundle up my kids and send them out the door to go sledding for the afternoon. I need to be out with them to make sure they are safe and sound. The thought of shoveling the driveway was not appealing either and that's the only thing that keeps the blood flowing in us grown-ups. My snowy view looking out included these lovely cardinals, the Virginia state bird, as they congregated on a tree near the bird feeder. I counted 16 at one time. It was quite a showing.....a peep show. Ha ha. Look how puffed up their feathers are. I think they are cold too.
Besides some boring household chores, Jen and Ry watched Underdog, the movie. We had some hot chocolate, baked chocolate chip cookies played the Wii and played Princess Monopoly. Tomorrow I will brave the elements and venture outside for some winter fun. It will be spring soon enough.
Your photo is gorgeous! You'd never know from the look of it that you didn't venture out into the snowy woods for a hike yesterday. I am envious that you see so many beautiful birds right out your back door. They must know that your yard is a little haven.
ReplyDelete