Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Snow" Over It!!

Yes, we got more snow.  Yes, we have broken the record for all time snowiest winter ever.  Yesterday was blizzard-like with serious wind kicking up so much snow, you could barely see in front of you or out the window, in our case.  School is still closed and so are a lot of businesses, including the Federal Government.  Yes, I'm tired of talking about it, so I will talk about a few things that have made me laugh in the past couple of days.
On our outing to Target a few days ago, we had bought some things like books and a DVD to occupy our time knowing snow was coming again.  I suggested to J and R to get brownie mix since we were all out of cookies (those chocolate chip ones we made during another long weekend at home).  I told the kids we needed stuff to do.  Rylan says, "Why, because we are going to be stuck in the house FOREVER?!"  Two passersby heard him and got quite a chuckle out of it, as did I.  It's nice that we can all laugh at the insanity of this winter.
Jensyn had an insane moment of her own yesterday and as I'm telling this story, I know she wouldn't want me to share, but when she's older, maybe she can appreciate her nuttiness.  So, I'm in the dining room and I hear her go into the bathroom in a great hurry and slam the door.  I hear her scream and cry (a regular occurence with her).  I walked to the bathroom thinking she probably slammed her hand in the door.  There she was on, or IN, as the case might be, the toilet.  Her brother had left the seat up, Jensyn flew into the bathroom in the dark and landed PLUNK in the toilet where the yellow water had now splashed up all over her and probably on everything around.  Of course, it's her brothers fault.  We cleaned her up and she eventually relaxed.  Hopefully she learned her lesson not to wait until the last minute and to "look before you leap" kinda thing!
At dinner one night, Ry was talking about how he likes to eat snow.  Of course the subject of not eating "yellow snow" came up and so his Dad asks, "Do you know what the yellow snow is?  You can't eat that."  Rylan says, "yea, it's urine."  Simple as that!  Mr. technical new the medical name for it.  His dad says, "I prefer pee."  What a crack up.  I love when kids say something you don't expect!

2 comments:

  1. adorable stories....and what kid calls it urine? Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to brag, but we are getting 1 to 3 inches tonight! Ha! that is chump change to ya'll, right?

    ReplyDelete