Nothing like a historic mess. And the joyous weather news just keeps comin'. We are expecting another foot or more by the end of Wednesday. Just when I thought things were looking up, Mother Nature steps in. Knowing I would be stuck inside for another several days, I was determined to get out of the house and go SOMEWHERE. We waited until almost noon and then set out. We took the "snowmobile," that would be the Explorer. Yes, we got a new Highlander (a 2010 that is now being recalled but that is another story) in December but it has not been out on the road much because of the bad weather we have had since we bought it. Anyway, it was a crazy drive. The roads are still covered, or nearly covered with ice and slush and we cruised through the usual path to the main road via snow-covered roads that felt like driving on a mogul-covered ski slope. Ridiculous, to say the least. The whole route was not pleasant, but I won't go into the details of crazy drivers. So yes, we went to Target, but not before some greasy lunch at Five Guys. At Target we stocked up on stuff to complete Jen's homemade valentines, books, a DVD and activities to keep us busy for yet another several snow covered, snow bound, house crazy, get me the heck outta here DAYZ!

I heard on the news that the reason why things come to a stand still here (as opposed to Chicago or other cities to our north) when it snows this much is because we get more of a thaw and freeze pattern since we are farther south. That makes for slicker slush and ice on the roads and more accidents.
ReplyDeleteMakes sense to me!
Those are going to be some pretty awesome Valentines!